Links and Resources
Recommended Books on Zambia and Missions
- Van Rheenen, Gailyn. Missions: Biblical Foundations & Contemporary Strategies. Grand Rapids:
- Baker Book House, 1996.
- Gurganus, Geroge. Guidelines for World Evangelism. Abilene: ACU Press, 1977.
- Merritt, Dow. The Dew Breakers. Winona, Mississippi: J.C. Choates Publications, 1980.
- Granberg, Stanley E., Ed. 100 Years of African Missions. Abilene: ACU Press, 2001.
- Van Rheenen, Gailyn. Communicating Christ in Animistic Contexts. Gabriel Resources, 1996.
- Hiebert, Paul. Anthropological Insights For Missionaries. Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1985.
- Guthrie, Stan. Missions in the Third Millennium. Harrisonburg, VA: Paternoster Press, 2000.
- Moreau, A. Scott, Gary Corwin, and Gary McGee. Introducing World Missions: A Biblical, Historical, and
- Practical Survey. Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 2004.
- Terry, John Mark, Ebbie Smith, and Justice Anderson. Missiology. Nashville: Broadman, 1998.
- Taylor, William. Global Missiology For the 21st Century. Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 2000.
- Isichei, Elizabeth. A History of Christianity in Africa. Grand Rapids: Wm B. Eerdmans, 1995.
- Kroll, Woodrow. The Home Front Handbook: How to Support Missions. Lincoln, NE: Back to Bible, 1994.
- Pirolo, Neal. Serving As Senders. Waynesboro, GA: Operation Mobilization Ministries, 1991.
- Lingenfelter, Judith E. Teaching Cross-Culturally: An Incarnation Model for Learning and Teaching.
- Moreau, Scott A. Introducing World Missions: A Biblical, Historical, and Practical Survey.
- Myers, Bryant. Walking with the Poor. New York: Orbis Books, 2002.
Missionary Internet Sites
Institute For Missions and Evangelism , Missions Department, Abilene Christian University.
Journal of Applied Missiology , Missions Department, Abilene Christian University.
Mission Strategy Bulletin , Missions Department, Abilene Christian University.
Missiology.org , Missions Department, Abilene Christian University.
World Religions , Virtual Religious Index, Rutgers University.
World Religions , Sacred Texts Online.
Texts for World Religions , davidwiley.com.
Sacred Texts : African Religions , Sacred Texts Online.
William Carey Library -- A source for books on missions and missionary anthropology.
Network For Strategic Missions -- Missionary information from Evangelical missions.
Islam: Resources and Discussions Relating to Islam
Rahman, Fazlur. Islam. Chicago: University Press, 1966.
Warraq, Ibn. What the Koran Really Says. Amhearst, NY: Prometheus Books, 2002.
Geisler, Norman. Answering Islam. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 1993.
Martinson, Paul Varo. Islam: An Intro for Christians. Minneapolis: Augsburg, 1994.
Braswell, George W.. What You Need to Know about Islam. Nashville: Broadman, 2000.
Ruthven, Malise. Islam in the World. Oxford: University Press, 2000.
Renard, John. Responses to 101 Questions on Islam. New York: Paulist Press, 1998.
Warraq, Ibn. The Quest for the Historical Muhammad. Amhearst: Prometheus Books, 2000.
Warraq, Ibn. Why I am Not a Muslim. Amhearst: Prometheus Books, 1994.
Woodberry, J. Dudley. Muslims and Christians on the Emmasus Road. Monrovia: MARC, 1989.
French, David. "Why Christianity and Islam are Mutually-Exclusive Faiths." (will post soon)
French, David. "Is Islam Truly A Religion of Peace?" (coming article)
Will post references soon...
Web Sites On Islam:
Answering Islam -- Online site offering a polemic against Islam.
Muslim-Christian Debate Site -- Online site offering a polemic against Islam.
Rebuttals to Muslim Polemics against Christianity -- Christian Apologetics.
Links to Congregations Worldwide:
Worldwide Directory of the Churches of Christ
Church Zip (key a zip code, see nearby congregations)
Christian Colleges and Universities:
Sites marked with (CoC) are sites that are affiliated with the church of Christ.
- Carolina Bible Camp -- Regional youth camp
- Christian Chronicle -- Worldwide news of the churches of Christ, published by Oklahoma Christian University.
- The Interactive Bible -- A good web site with lots of general information that will assist every Bible student!
- World Bible School - Use correspondence courses to help spread the gospel.
- SearchTV -- Originates from the Edmond, Oklahoma church of Christ. Charlotte broadcast is 11:30 p.m. Thursday nights on the Inspiration Network (INSP). Check with your cable provider for your local channel number.
- World News Magazine -- Perhaps the best source of news reporting; much better than any secular source on TV or in print. Published in Asheville, NC.
- Family Research Council -- A must for anyone needing to know more about the moral and social ills that face our country.
- Christian Answers - Movies -- Movie reviews from a Christian perspective.
- Christian Answers - TV -- TV show reviews from a Christian perspective.
- Goshen -- The most comprehensive search engine for Christian web sites. If it has to do with religion, and you can't find it on Goshen, just give up!
- New Testament and Christianity -- The very best set of links for the serious scholar! Primary source material.
- Internet Christian Library -- General titles.
- Does God Exist? -- John Clayton's home page.
- Reason & Revelation -- Dr. Bert Thompson's home page.
- Center for Scientific Creation -- Center for Scientific Creation home page.
- Bible Gateway -- Search Scriptures for words and phrases.
- CrossSearch -- Search Scriptures; several translations and several languages.
- Nave's Topical Bible -- The very best online concordance, arranged by topic.
- Easton Bible Dictionary -- An excellent Bible dictionary.
- Early Church Fathers -- Good primary source material on the lives and writings of the early church fathers (from the death of the apostles until Gregory the Great).
- Christian History Institute -- Great for research.
- Restoration Movement Pages -- A very good link to the history and documents of the Restoration Movement. Includes Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement Resources. (CoC)
- École Initiative -- Hypertext encyclopedia of early church history on the World Wide Web.
- Guide to Early Church Documents -- Includes historical texts relevant to church history.
- Flavius Josephus -- The definitive Jewish secular historian. His account of the destruction of Jerusalem is stunning.
- Audio Bible (KJV narrated by Alexander Scourby)
- Are You Really Sure of Your Eternal Salvation? (25 lessons by Ron Boatwright)
- In Search of the Lord's Way , transcripts of broadcasts of Edmond OK church of Christ
- Who Are the Churches of Christ? (by Batsell Barrett Baxter)
- Online Bible study (TheSeeker)
- Truth for the World -- Tracts, correspondence courses, etc
- World Bible School
- Bible Roadmap Series
- 10 reasons for church to be on the web
- Heartlight -- Westover Hills church of Christ (Austin TX) daily devotionals, lots of links, studyaids, etc
- Who are the Churches of Christ?
- Firm Foundation
- Christian Book Distributors -- Discounted Christian Books (excellent prices).
- Amazon.com -- Discounted books both Christian and Secular (best prices).
- Chegg Text Books -- Sells and rents textbooks (saves students an average of 80% on books).
- Howard Publishing Company -- Sells/Publishes books written by members of the Church of Christ. (CoC)
- College Press -- Sells/Publishes books written by members of Church of Christ and Christian Church. (CoC)
- ACU Press -- Sells/Publishes books written by members of the Church of Christ. (CoC)
- Gospel Advocate -- Sells/Publishes books written by members of the Church of Christ. (CoC)
- InterVarsity Press -- Sells/Publishes Christian Books.
- Books-A-Million -- Discounted books both Christian and Secular.